Getting into an accident can forever change your life and the lives of your loved ones, especially if it involves catastrophic injuries. These types of injuries typically require months or even years of medical attention and treatment.
The legal team at the Carrillo Law Firm, LLP has the patience, knowledge and legal experience to aggressive pursue the legal rights of injured victims get the full compensation and justice that they deserve. We know how to fight to obtain the justice you need to recover financially, physically and emotionally after a catastrophic accident.
What Classifies as a Catastrophic Accident?
All types of accidents resulting in injuries can result in physical, emotional and financial consequences. However, when an accident is considered to be catastrophic, it will result in tragic or permanent injuries and disabilities.
Catastrophic injuries are generally defined as those so serious in nature that their effects often leave the victim permanently damaged. These types of accidents typically result in severe injury to the spine, spinal cord, or brain, and may also include skull or spinal fractures.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injury Claims
The law defines a “catastrophic injury” as any injury that results in permanent disability or a permanent change in the quality of life. Below are some common types of catastrophic injuries:
- The loss of a limb – this type of injury is both physically debilitating and emotionally devastating. Accident victim who lose limbs in an accident require extensive recovery and rehabilitation. Although prosthetic technology has significantly advanced, the adjustment is complicated and challenging.
- Brain injuries – a severe blow or jolt to the head can cause serious damage to the brain. Any injury to the brain can cause serious damage since it controls the rest of the body’s functions. A brain injury can interfere with cognition, memory, and even the ability to perform everyday tasks.
- Spinal cord injuries – The spinal cord is the thick bundle of nerves that carries messages from the brain down through the spine to the rest of the body. The spinal cord is a very important part of the body. Unlike most other parts of the body, it cannot repair itself when it gets damaged. Any damage to the spinal cord is permanent and can result in loss of function and/or loss of sensation.
- Fatal injuries – Catastrophic injuries can and often result in death.
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can happen in many ways. Regardless of what caused your injuries, you may have legal options available to help you get the support you need and rightfully deserve. The legal team at the Carrillo Law Firm, LLP is dedicated to helping catastrophically injured accident victims get the full justice and compensation they deserve. If you believe your injuries were caused by the negligence or recklessness of another party, we can help you hold that individual responsible for their actions.
Getting the Compensation That You Deserve After a Catastrophic Accident
All major accidents require immediate medical attention, but catastrophic injuries require long-term solutions as well. From therapy to in-home care and assistance, our Los Angeles catastrophic injury attorneys help people who have suffered life-altering injuries in accidents caused by other parties get the long-term care they need.
We will aggressively pursue your catastrophic injury claim to hold the negligent party accountable. Depending on the specific facts of your claim, you may be entitled to compensation for:
– Past and future medical costs
– Loss of wages
– Loss of earning capacity
– Pain and suffering
– Loss of consortium
– Emotional and mental trauma
The best thing to do if you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury is to immediately consult with an experienced Los Angeles injury attorney to protect your legal rights.
Contact an Experienced Los Angeles Catastrophic Injury Attorney
At the Carrillo Law Firm, LLP, our catastrophic injury lawyers can help you better understand your legal rights and options after an accident. Our legal team specializes in helping survivors of catastrophic accidents get the full justice they rightfully deserve. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call us at 626-799-9375.